When tee-ing up your next camp trip, you are probably asking what we are talking about, snags aren’t a recipe, but this is why we are going to show you a new way to use your Bedourie Camp Oven Stove to bake up a couple of aussie favorites – ANZAC Bickies!
They are much easier to make than you imagined, and have been part of Aussie home baking since WW1 the recipe is designed to be made with simple wartime ration ingredients and it is said they were sent off to the front to give the boys a treat and a slice of peace after weeks of fighting.
You can give this one a crack at home before you head out onto the tracks, but it can be made without any refrigerated ingredients which means you can save precious space inside your Kings Fridge Freezer for your favourite beverages and snacks!
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut
125 g butter
2 tbs golden syrup
1 tbs water
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
– Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
– Melt the butter in the bottom of your Bedourie Camp Oven, then add your golden syrup and water.
– Stir the bicarb soda into the mixture.
– Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
– Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake at 175C for 15-20 minutes.
– Biscuits will harden when cool.
To find out more about cooking solutions for the tracks visit www.4WDSupacentre.com.au or call us on 1800 88 39 64 or even drop into one of our stores to talk to one of our camp cooking professionals!