In order to start your own Lone Star State journey, it’s important to know how to navigate cabin rentals in Texas. camping out, for many people, still has its foot in the past with the pitched triangular tents, coffee you can chew, and sleeping on the ground with only a sleeping bag separating you from the dirt.
Today’s cabin rentals provide a camping experience that feels more like home, with amenities that previous campers would never have imagined. So, as you begin planning your own camping getaway, here are a few ways of choosing the cabin that is right for you, as well as a few other tips to have a great camping trip:
1. Know What You Want Before You Start Planning – Much the same way you’d plan a vacation, you need to assess what it is you want from your cabin rental. Do you need kitchen facilities? Is it important to have certain access to a nearby river such as the Nueces, Sabinal, or Frio River? You’ll find it easier to find what you need in a cabin rental by mapping out what you need prior to your trip.
2. Check with the Locals – This day and age is marked by tremendous access to information. Many city/county websites, such as that for Uvalde County, Texas, provide a wealth of information regarding cabin rentals, as well as provide comprehensive lists of their amenities & contact information for these facilities. Don’t be afraid of picking up the phone as sometimes information on a website can be in need of updating. This way, you can be sure things are clear.
3. Check the Weather – Nothing will spoil a camping trip, regardless of how nice the lodging is, than unexpected weather conditions. Use access to the Internet to check on weather conditions in the area you planned on camping out in, and check local weather information for a more detailed look at what to expect. Sometimes local websites from the camp ground & city chamber of commerce have this information readily available.
4. Know Your Gear – It can be a lot of fun to go and buy great equipment for your camping trip, but if you don’t know how to use it, you could be in a for long trip. Give yourself some time to know how your gear works before you leave. Otherwise, you may end up spending time with owner’s manuals rather than having fun.
5. Think Safety – When packing, think about safety in terms of the basics. A good first aid kit is always good to have nearby. If you plan on being near a campfire, be sure to have a small fire extinguisher handy. For possible bigger emergencies, keep a list of medications, allergies, and other helpful medical information on you. Destinations such as Garner State Park in Concan, TX have part of their website dedicated to other safety information which is worth the view.
Finding a great cabin rental in Texas and having a successful camping trip is a lot easier than you would think. While Texas is a big state, planning to see its natural beauty doesn’t have to be a big chore. With a little common sense and a willingness to do some research, you’ll be well on your way to a great Lone Star adventure.