* Lake Amistad Texas (TX), Located on the Rio Grande River, it is 12 miles NW of Del Rio in Val Verde County Texas.
* Surface area is 64,900 acres. Maximum depth is 217 feet
* Lake Amistad was impounded in 1969
* Conservation Pool Elevation is 1117 feet
* Lake Fluctuation: Depends on area rainfall and downstream irrigation needs. Annual fluctuations can be as much as 5-10 feet. However, historical fluctuations have dropped as much as 50 feet below conservation pool. Normal Clarity is slightly stained to clear.
Known for it’s great bass fishing. Fisherman come from far and wide to fish Lake Amistad. In addition to great Bass fishing, there is an abundance of Catfish, White and Striped Bass. Smallmouth Bass are also stocked, which makes it the perfect fishing trip for the whole family.
Predominant Fish Species: Largemouth bass, Catfish, White & hybrid striped bass.
Largemouth Bass are more active during the fall, winter and spring months due to the cooler weather. Fish are active much longer during daylight hours and are normally found in shallow water early morning and late afternoon For active fish, spinner baits and crank baits are most fisherman’s choice. A variety of watermelon green plastic worms seems to work well during the hotter months fished in grass. Early morning top water baits are just about anything that floats. Normally Poppers, Prop Baits or Flukes.
* South Texas Fishing Guides
* Reel’n Ray Guide Service
* Jerry’s Fishing Guide Service email
* Palmetto Guide Service
Recommended camping and RV Parks:
* American Campground
* Broke Mill RV Park
* Amistad RV Park Ph. 830 / 774-6578
In Conclusion: Lake Amistad is one of the most popular bass fishing lakes in Texas.